OH and S Policy
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
U3A Pine Rivers Inc. is committed to protecting the health and safety of all members, in venues where classes/courses are undertaken and during social and other activities organised by our association.
U3A Pine Rivers Inc. demonstrates this commitment through its Occupational Health and Safety Policy and associated procedures.
U3A Pine Rivers members have a duty of care including:
- the responsibility to act and undertake their U3A business safely
- to take all reasonable care for their own health and safety and
- to consider the health and safety of other people who may be affected by members’ actions
U3A Pine Rivers Inc. Management Committee and Tutors/Facilitators will take all reasonable and practical steps to upkeep venue safety conditions and will strive to maintain our goal of a harm free environment for our members.
U3A Pine Rivers Inc. is committed to:
- complying with all applicable health and safety laws, regulations and standards
- providing safe conditions and equipment
- implementing a risk management system which is relevant and suitable for U3A’s risk exposure as well as identify, promote and continuously maintain/improve health and safety throughout U3A Pine Rivers.
- actively responding to, investigating and recording any incident as per the incidents procedure guidelines
- maintaining a positive safety culture through encouraging active participation, consultation and the cooperation of all members in promoting and developing measures to improve health and safety at U3A Pine Rivers
- utilising appropriate internal and/or external expertise when required in all related activities (electricians, fire extinguisher safety checks and other maintenance etc)
- providing appropriate Health and Safety information to all members
- maintaining relevant policies, procedures, systems, information and organisational structures to support and communicate effective health and safety practices throughout U3A Pine Rivers Inc.
The Management Committee of U3A Pine Rivers Inc. will regularly maintain this policy and related procedures meeting all acts as laid down with current legislation and implement improvements where/when necessary to ensure their integrity and effectiveness to facilitate continuous Health and Safety practices for our members and guests.